5.2.13

Tate




Going to the Tate Museum in London was something that had been on my list since I arrived in April and should have been repeatitively completed although I had just never got the chance.  Luckily I was able to get a chance in my last week to go check it out. 












British private school kids







This was one of those interactive displays where you go and write or draw something and then pin your "artwork" on the board. There are way too many Yolo's...that isn't even a word. 





These artworks were really intense. They were dark and holocaust inspired, filled with metaphors and comparisons. 



















Look at that texture, just incredible. 







This short film has scarred me for life. It was the darkest most depressing little puppet story I have ever seen. All I remember were black people, rape and people being hung in trees. Dark, very dark. 









There is always that one artist that puts up a mirror as one of their artworks, #itsbeendonebefore.











View from the top



Walking through the gift shop, some teacups from the Damien Hirst collection.







I wonder if it smells like paper.



I love maps like this, they make me feel all warm and fuzzy inside.



Incredible





I left the Tate and met up with Dan at Topshop, not too sure why it was just always the place I ended up when I was in the city. I played with the glitter make up again. I love this beanie so so much wish it could have come home with me, but then again there are a lot of things I wish I could have taken home with me, mainly Georgia and Dan. 



Trippy illustrations on the wall in Topshop, I love that shit.


With love from London
xx

No comments:

Post a Comment