4.2.13

Buckingham and Trafalgar with D













#shamelessselfies

On this cold grey morning in London Dan and I visited Buckingham Palace. The only other time I had visited this place was during a tour with mum where we saw the changing of the guards, which wasn't as great as it claims to be. D and I were pretty lazy this morning and just lay around on the grass for a while.









We went walking again through St James park which was quite beautiful despite the horrible weather. 

















You can see the London Eye in the background. 



The proudest dog I have ever seen. 







Haha just noticed the sign behind my head, "Beware horse may kick and bite you". Luckily that didn't happen.







We eventually ended up at Trafalgar Square because I wanted to see if I could get a proper photo with the lions without all that Olympic mess in the way, I was in luck. 





I can't begin to express how big these lions are, or how hard it is to climb up their butts to sit on them. You see it in movies and they just seem to step up and they are on it's back. I was on a bit of a struggle street especially considering I was wearing heels. But I made it and couldn't have been happier. 





It was a dreary, grey, lazy day but it was fun and I was able to tick some things off my London Checklist. 


During the night we went out to what I am pretty sure was the same club we had gone to the night we met each other.  I still didn't like this club but at least I had good company, Georgia and Paul were also with us. During the night I got incredibly sad. I was leaving London in less then a week. It all kind of crept up on me and hit me in the face that night. We were in the club dancing having a good time minus me being a bit sad and then randomly they played the song "Teenage Dirtbag" which is my Best friend Lani and my song. As soon as I heard it I fell apart in the middle of the dance floor. I turned into a puddle of tears. Dan was so confused but helped me all the same and took me somewhere quiet so I could calm down. I don't know what came over me, I guess I had just come to that realisation that I soon wouldn't have to miss my friends from home anymore, I would be home and happy with them. 

This is one of my favourite photos from my trip just because of everything that had happened that night leading up to this. D had taken me upstairs to an oddly empty part of the club where we found all these glow sticks and we just spent a good long time playing with them and being silly. Georgia and Dan then found us and we all were just being idiots playing with these glow sticks. They cheered me up so much that night and it sadly hit me that night that no matter where I go I will always miss someone. I was going home in a week, leaving London and at the same time two people that had impacted me the most this year. My two best friends Georgia and Dan, I miss you both so much. 




With Love from London
xx



2 comments: