1.8.13

Meeting my Soulmate pt.1


"After almost 4 years, tomorrow I will be meeting my soulmate/ best friend/ pen pal/ the most incredible person I know, Bambi! @akau_ only one more miserable day of work !! Rain, hail or shine we are going to have the best next couple of weeks. As you said B "it's like reading your favourite book for 4 years and then suddenly the book is reality and the characters are standing right in front of you" 1 day, 10 hours until temporary complete and utter freedom."

This is what I posted on Instagram a day before I met my pen pal Bambi (Georgia). It has been a long time since I have blogged. I have just been having the most incredible two months, but now it has all come crashing down in a sad, empty, broke, directionless mess. But now I can finally collect my thoughts and try to arrange them in some sort of logical order. Where do I even begin. If you don't know who my pen pal is, you probably don't know me very well, she tends to pop up in my conversations on a daily basis. We have been Best Friends for almost 4 years. We were introduced through the magic of the internet on this beautiful website known as Tumblr. She asked a question about my hair, I replied with a video because I was bored that day, we got to talking and basically have been ever since. We started writing actual pen to paper letters to eachother after a while, yes they still do exist. Basically we were the bestest of friends, knew everything about eachother, the deepest darkest secrets of eachothers souls, we had just never met. 



We had spent a fair few months saving up. Planning all the adventures we would have. But the best adventures are always the ones you don't plan.



Wide awake the night before. It basically felt like I was 6 years old and the next day was Christmas. 



"Be right back guys just going to the airport to meet/ pick up my best friend"


This photo was taken by her mum in Perth just before she left. This was Bambi's first time on a plane alone. I can't really put into words how incredible it was meeting my best friend for the first time. It was such a surreal experience. I was standing at the airport shaking. But as nervous as we both were as soon as we saw eachother it was like we were just reuniting after a long time apart. We was like peas and carrots. 


Bambi arrived around 5pm on a Saturday and our first night together we spent cooking burritos and I introduced her and my parents to Game of Thrones. I could not think of a better first night together. We spent sunday in bed and dying Bambi's hair. Then on Monday we went for a day trip with Nicole to Newtown.








Our first stop was King Street Tattoos. We actually ended up spending the whole day here. 







Some awesome designs that I was obsessed with.



Shirt / Agent Ninety-nine
Jeans / Nudie
Shoes / Lipstik Shoes
Necklace / With Love Kirsten
Hat / Markets
Jacket / New Look



This is the design we decided to get for our matching tattoos. 

"An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backwards. So when life it dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it’s going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming. Bambi and I are arrows who's paths were meant to cross. ➶➶"


Bambi also got "brave" tattooed on her wrist. This was her first ever time getting a tattoo, and she got two! 






My practise sketch in pen next to the real thing.


I have an odd obsession with birds, especially swallows and eagles. Totally digging the eagle on top of the skull though. Not on skin, but its cool on paper. 



Waiting for Bambi to get her tattoo done.



Straight after the tattoos Bambi got her septum pierced. Nicole and I watched on in horror.



By the time we left King Street tattoos it was around 4pm, a day well spent. 



We then chowed down on some Moo Gourmet Burgers.



Who is Julia Gillard ?



My mountain of a burger. I may have been a bit too excited when I ordered.


This was our sleeping arrangement for the duration of Bambi's stay. That is my sausage dog Sassie in the middle.



My tattoo in the process of healing.



The next day we went back to Newtown except this time we went with Luke.



Note to self: If a food place has the word "simply" in it, simply don't go.
This was by far the worst food I have ever eaten. This was supposed to be Laksa soup with satay chicken sticks on the side. Do not go to Simply Noodle in Newtown. EVER!



Satellite cafe.





Holy Kitsch was shut. We were quite upset.






Shirt / Sportgirl
Cardigan/ Bambi's from boutique shop in Perth
Jeans / Nudie
Necklace / With Love Kirsten
Shoes / Lipstik Shoes
Bag / Ksubi


Luke had to go home so we stayed and loitered around until Saya and Yol came. 



We all went to Arabella for drinks and shisha.



Yolanda is a dragon.


The next day we met up with Lani at Miranda and had a good old fashioned girls day shopping. 





Shirt / UNIF
Dress / Topshop
Shoes / Windsor Smith
Bag / Vintage


We also got our nails did. When we came out we hadn't actually realised we had both gone in getting opposite colours. And from this point on we continually by complete coincidence followed the black and white theme. 

In the first 5 days Bambi had met the most important people in my life, been introduced to Game of Thrones, had her first two tattoos, had her septum pierced, eaten the infamous homemade Woodward burritos and probably bought about 3 pairs of shoes. I had taken her around where I live (the Shire, don't judge) and my favourite place Newtown. But we hadn't even been to the city yet! There is so much more to come. I am struggling to write because I need her by my side more then anything and I find myself struggling with day to day tasks ever since she left. This blog post is around 5 weeks delayed but it's mainly because I have been putting it off because looking at these photos makes me so sad, in a happy way, but still sad. It's so hard not having my best friend by my side. She literally is my soulmate, and when she went back to Perth she took a piece of me with her. I will try to get the rest of the blog posts up in the next couple of weeks. I still have to tell you all about my mind blowing adventure to Splendour with Nicole! I may get Bambi to write a bit on the blog posts. If this happens I will let you guys know. Sorry for being so distant lately. 


erica


No comments:

Post a Comment