2.7.20

Osaka, Japan III Shibu Cafe & Seafood Markets

 


Good morning, today we are taking ourselves to a Shibu Inu Cafe in the heart of Osaka, Dotonbori for some much needed dog love and affection. The thing I need and miss the most when I am traveling overseas.



I dare you to try and guess which of these star attractions I got to play with during my time at Mameshiba Cafe Osaka. Prepare for some hilarious selfies as I went alone and had no one else to take photos of me at the time.



Meet the Shiba Inu, the unofficial mascot of Japan. The Shiba Inu is mainly known because of the legendary dog Hachiko (the dog that was immortalized as a statue in Shibuya Station). Not only that, but Shiba dogs are becoming more and more popular thanks to their funny behavior and personalities. This cafe gives you a chance to get to hang out and meet these funny dogs in person. The Mame Shiba is a smaller version of the Japanese Shiba dog, which is what this cafe in Osaka is named after, MamaShiba Cafe Osaka.




How to get here:

Take the Exit 14 of Namba Station on the Osaka Metro Midosuji Line and walk about 200 meters east from “Dotonbori Shopping Street.” You can see a long and narrow building on your left. After going up the stairs, there is the reception on the left side of the second floor, so you need to pay there first. Since the admission is limited, you need to wait at the souvenir section or watch the video next to the cash register. You will receive instructions at the entrance, disinfect your hands, take off your shoes and enter. Make sure to read the cautions carefully so as not to cause stress to Mameshibas.




Admission is 880 yen for 30 minutes hanging out with the pups and this includes one drink. The dogs hang out quite freely in the space and come and see you at their own will. It is quite a relaxed space and you are given toys and treats to get their attention. Shiba’s have a very cat like personality if you ask me, so it was similar to being at a cat cafe. They come and go as they please and are happy to interact with you if they feel like it.











Same





Mame Shiba Cafe

1 Chome-6-13 Dotonbori, Chuo Ward, Osaka, 542-0071, Japan




After spending the morning at Mamashiba Cafe I then walked around and window shopped the main streets of Dotonbori. In the afternoon I met up with Evelyn and her Boyfriend Ned. We met through instagram and happened to be in Osaka at the same time so we met up to get dinner together.







Dinner was major cute vibes, we got quite drunk and it was a good time all round. I would share where we went if I could remember.


Parking lots in Japan are very space efficient.



The next morning I went came across a huge seafood market at the train station. I was heading to Nara but had to take some photos here before I left for the day because I was absolutely in awe with how much fresh and delicious looking seafood options there were here.


I still dream about these mixed seafood bowls for under $10AUD that in Australia would easily cost over $50 and be called a ‘cold seafood platter’.




For reference, 540 YEN converts to approximately $5-6 AUD. Look at the incredible sashimi plates you can get for under 600 YEN.




My favorite seafood, Tobiko also known as flying fish row.








It may not be the best smelling place in the world but my mouth was literally watering walking through this market.



Look at all the tiny faces.



The wagyu selection looking like a piece of art.



Unsure what a lot of these vegetables are but that is an adventure in itself. I would absolutely love to live in Japan and do a little weekly grocery shop and learn how to cook with these kinds of ingredients.






The chokehold these sandwiches have on me. I love them so much I wish Aussie sandwiches were this delicious and convenient. They really do just hit different.








This huge grocery store is located Namba Station and is called Central Square LIFE. I would include the address but it’s easier to just head to Namba Station and walk towards the food area, that’s how I stumbled across it.


Now that the sashimi has been acquired, we are getting on a train to Nara! See you in the next post.






erica



No comments:

Post a Comment