5.12.19

XXI Mr. Erica goes to Washington


2020 has honestly been kicking my butt and i genuinely just haven't had the time or motivation to catch up on my blog posts. I hope you are all safe and well. Here I go trying to retell my travel stories from two years ago, picking back up in Washington. Our Contiki had 3 full days in Washington, which meant we were able to actually unpack our suitcases at this hotel!



We went against the schedule and popped into the Arlington National Cemetery first and were able to catch a viewing of the changing of the guard. 



It's a bit of a sobering place to say the least.


We then departed for a night tour, which despite the poor weather was pretty fun. We got to hit a lot of the main statues. I won't lie I spent the majority of the tour referencing Mr Lisa goes to Washington episode of the Simpson's. 






"I know your problem, the Lincoln Memorial was too crowded?"





Forever repping my homeboys Polaris 




That night we went out for drinks and I met the two most amazing women Sarah and Sid. I ended up eventually ditching my Contiki fam and having the most amazing night with them. We stayed up til 4am on the pavement outside our hotel smoking cigs and talking about life, I will always hold this night close to my heart. I had so much fun with these two, the people you meet travelling <3














Thank you for the amazing night!


Coming home to my amazing roommate Jenny, couple hours of sleep and then having to deal with with catastrophe.




The first stop of the day was Newseum. I went by myself and planned to meet up with Louis later. First up I popped to the roof to get some pics but the weather was really gross. 









This museum was actually super interesting and I would recommend checking out the Newseum if you have time in Washington to spare. The highlight for me was definitely that they have a chunk of the Berlin Wall on display. It just seemed so random and out of place, we love that.












I love that one day my children will see these photos like 'mum were you really taking photos with a filter in front of the Capitol Building? Filters are so old school!"


Genuinely so mad at myself for not purchasing this at the time. It's now one of the patches I am missing from my denim jacket.





The sun came out so we got some pics.





After Newseum Louie and I rode some scooters around the streets of Washington looking at cute houses and then we found this gem.








Racing each other to the Smithsonian Zoo. Spent the afternoon wandering around the park together and then we headed back to get ready for the Contiki Family Night.





That night we had a family dinner and signed each others shirts. Ironic Make America Great hats were purchased for the night.






Sid came to say bye to us as it would be our last night.






My last night in Washington was quite intoxicated, I met a pretty amazing dog, it was a good night. I definitely feel that I got what I needed out of this trip to Washington.






erica

No comments:

Post a Comment